This recipe for Gingerbread Spice Granola is shared with you in partnership with McCormick. It’s a wonderful make-ahead addition to holiday brunch spreads!
If I could make one recipe over and over again, it just might be granola. I’m always surprised at how fast it comes together, and then again how much everyone loves it! I do have a little secret that I believe makes my granola extra good, which of course I will share with you. I know you’d do the same for me, after all.
This granola is absolutely perfect for the holidays. You can make it ahead of time, and then set out different kinds of yogurt, fruit and toppings along with your homemade Gingerbread Spice Granola. It makes a nice casual breakfast for out of town guests where everyone can help themselves to their favorite combinations.
This granola is so easy because everything is just mixed together in a big bowl, spread out onto a baking sheet, and then it only takes about 13 minutes to bake.
Here’s another little shortcut… I like using McCormick’s Gingerbread Spice. All the flavors of that cute little cookie in one spice mix with cinnamon, ginger, allspice, and nutmeg. It’s warm and cozy, perfect for cold winter days!
So, here’s the secret that makes my granola oh so good. The recipe calls for pecans that are finely ground (see above). These coat oats, adding a delicate, nutty crunch. The recipe also calls for pecan halves (see below). These give the granola a nice, hearty texture.
You will also want to let the granola cool right in the pan without disturbing it. When it is completely cool, you can break it apart into chunks. I love clumpy granola!
Gingerbread Spice Granola makes the perfect addition to your holiday brunch spreads, whether you are hosting or bringing a dish to share!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 3/4 cups pecan halves
- 1/3 cup real maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, in liquid form
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick Gingerbread Spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, chopped pecans, pecan halves, maple syrup, coconut oil, gingerbread spice, and salt. Mix together so the oats are well coated.
- Pour out the oat mixture onto a rimmed half sheet pan lined with parchment paper, and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 5 minutes, then stir oats and spread out evenly. Bake for 5 more minutes, and stir again. Return to the oven, and bake for about 3 more minutes, or until the edges are just beginning to brown.
- Allow the granola to cool completely on the pan, and then break into chunks.
- Store in an airtight container.
This recipe is sponsored by McCormick.