So I’ve heard there is a big game coming up pretty soon? I’m not going to act like a big poser here and pretend that I’m all about football. I really wish I was one of those girls who really gets the game, but there’s too many guys with too much hair on one field for me! However, I am all about football FOOD. So how about these Game Day Chicken Almond Poppers? They are super easy to make, super easy to serve, and super easy to pop in your mouth! So I’d say they definitely fit the bill for your game day get together.
I love them because they start with shredded chicken, cream cheese, and lemon pepper. Roll the chicken mixture up in a square of refrigerated crescent roll dough, dip them in butter and then top with crushed almonds. Bake and eat!
So whether you are all about the food, the football, or both, these are for you! Go… team!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?Print
Super easy to make, super easy to serve, and super easy to pop in your mouth!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast (2 large or 3 small)
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 tube refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup crushed almonds
- dried parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Boil chicken breasts for 30 minutes or until completely cooked through. Remove from water and chop into 1 inch pieces.
- Unroll the crescent rolls into one large rectangle on a lightly floured surface and press seams together. Cut into 16 equal squares.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer with the paddle attachment, shred chicken pieces and mix with cream cheese and lemon pepper on medium high speed.
- Using a tablespoon sized scoop, place a ball the chicken cream cheese mixture onto each square of dough. Roll the dough around the chicken and pinch to seal on the bottom.
- Dip the top of the balls of dough into melted butter and then into crushed almonds. Place seam side down on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 11-14 minutes, or until the top of the chicken poppers are golden brown.
- Serving Size: 1 Popper
- Calories: 160
- Sugar: 1.9g
- Sodium: 177mg
- Fat: 9.8g
- Saturated Fat: 4.9g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3.9g
- Trans Fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrates: 6.8g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Protein: 11g
- Cholesterol: 47mg