- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast (2 large or 3 small)
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 tube refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup crushed almonds
- dried parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Boil chicken breasts for 30 minutes or until completely cooked through. Remove from water and chop into 1 inch pieces.
- Unroll the crescent rolls into one large rectangle on a lightly floured surface and press seams together. Cut into 16 equal squares.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer with the paddle attachment, shred chicken pieces and mix with cream cheese and lemon pepper on medium high speed.
- Using a tablespoon sized scoop, place a ball the chicken cream cheese mixture onto each square of dough. Roll the dough around the chicken and pinch to seal on the bottom.
- Dip the top of the balls of dough into melted butter and then into crushed almonds. Place seam side down on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 11-14 minutes, or until the top of the chicken poppers are golden brown.
- Serving Size: 1 Popper
- Calories: 160
- Sugar: 1.9g
- Sodium: 177mg
- Fat: 9.8g
- Saturated Fat: 4.9g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3.9g
- Trans Fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrates: 6.8g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Protein: 11g
- Cholesterol: 47mg