Hey friends, I’m so happy to be sharing this easy recipe for Fresh Peach Pie that my family loves! It comes at a time when it is most needed. I know every possible place to live (this side of heaven) has its weather challenges. We happen to be right in the middle of the most challenging part of living in Arizona right now. We could use a little encouragement.
Sometimes the most encouraging thing to do is celebrate something positive about the challenging season you are in. Like fresh, juicy, sweet ripe peaches! This Fresh Peach Pie will help you survive the hottest day of summer and put a smile on your face. We can do this!
We only need to make it to October and we will be cool as a cucumber.
You can use a store-bought ready to bake frozen pie crust (I always recommend Marie Callender’s). You can also make your own crust from scratch and pre-bake your empty pie shell to fill with the peaches, raspberries and glaze. I would not judge you either way. Sometimes I feel all brave and domestic and up to the challenge of homemade pie crust, and other times I just want pie now. You pick.
I would highly recommend the homemade whipped cream though! It only takes a few minutes and is well worth the tiny bit of extra effort. I don’t usually add raspberries to the filling, but I happened to have some in my fridge and felt like the pie was more becoming with a little splash of color. It is a delicious combination, but straight peaches are just fine too.
I hope you are able to find some really delicious peaches this summer! We’ve had good luck with peaches from Costco and of course – they all ripen at the same time and we can only eat so many at once so making a Fresh Peach Pie is a great way to use them all up at their peak.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?Print
- Peach Glaze
- 3 ounce box vanilla pudding (not instant)
- 3 ounce box peach flavored Jell-O
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 2 1/4 pounds peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup fresh raspberries (optional)
- 1 recipe homemade pie crust or ready to bake frozen crust (Marie Callender’s is my favorite)
- Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. If using a homemade crust, bake the empty pie shell for 15-18 minutes or until dry and light golden brown. If using a read to bake frozen crust, bake pie crust according to directions on packaging. Allow to cool before filling.
- While the pie crust is baking, start on the glaze. In a medium saucepan, mix dry vanilla pudding and peach Jell-O with water over medium high heat. Stirring frequently, bring the mixture to a gentle boil, then remove from heat and allow to cool at room temperature for about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix sliced peaches (and optional raspberries) with half of the glaze and stir to coat. Carefully spoon the glazed fruit into the baked pie crust and then slowly pour additional glaze over the fruit until it reaches the bottom of the crimped pie crust edge. Chill until set, about 3 hours.
- For the homemade whipped cream, add heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla to the bowl of an electric mixer with the whisk attachment. Start whisking on medium low speed, and then gradually increase speed to medium high as the cream thickens. Whisk until soft peaks form, about 3-5 minutes.