- 3 ounce box vanilla pudding (not instant)
- 3 ounce box peach flavored Jell-O
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 2 1/4 pounds peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup fresh raspberries (optional)
- 1 recipe homemade pie crust or ready to bake frozen crust (Marie Callender’s is my favorite)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. If using a homemade crust, bake the empty pie shell for 15-18 minutes or until dry and light golden brown. If using a read to bake frozen crust, bake pie crust according to directions on packaging. Allow to cool before filling.
- While the pie crust is baking, start on the glaze. In a medium saucepan, mix dry vanilla pudding and peach Jell-O with water over medium high heat. Stirring frequently, bring the mixture to a gentle boil, then remove from heat and allow to cool at room temperature for about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix sliced peaches (and optional raspberries) with half of the glaze and stir to coat. Carefully spoon the glazed fruit into the baked pie crust and then slowly pour additional glaze over the fruit until it reaches the bottom of the crimped pie crust edge. Chill until set, about 3 hours.
- For the homemade whipped cream, add heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla to the bowl of an electric mixer with the whisk attachment. Start whisking on medium low speed, and then gradually increase speed to medium high as the cream thickens. Whisk until soft peaks form, about 3-5 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1 Piece
- Calories: 483
- Sugar: 44g
- Sodium: 257mg
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated Fat: 12g
- Unsaturated Fat: 10g
- Trans Fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrates: 64g
- Fiber: 4.7g
- Protein: 6.2g
- Cholesterol: 45mg