I love it when you all let me know that you’ve made one of the recipes I’ve shared here. I know that not everything I make can be everyone’s favorite, but it’s just so encouraging to hear that someone was inspired to get in the kitchen and cook, and even loved what they made! For example, my friend Cheryl, from church, who has two grown kids and a husband. She recently told me she didn’t cook very much when her kids were little, but instead they went out to dinner a lot as a family. She’s been a faithful fan of LLK since the beginning, and now I’m getting texts from her showing me all her kitchen creations! I’m so enjoying watching her fall in love with cooking! It’s completely adorable, and she says her husband is loving it too!
Since it’s just Cheryl and her husband at home now, she shares a lot of her home cooked meals with friends and neighbors. Don’t you wish you were her neighbor?
Last time we chatted she told me she could use some easy main dish ideas. Here you go Cheryl!
This Easy Creamy Crockpot Chicken and Rice has only FIVE ingredients, and of course you get to throw all the ingredients into the crockpot in the morning, walk away, and then come back to tender, creamy pieces of chicken ready to nestle in on a soft bed of fluffy white rice. Drizzle the zesty Italian cream sauce over the chicken and rice, and your tastebuds will be in comfort food heaven my friends!Print
Fill your crockpot in the morning and then come back to tender, creamy chicken ready to nestle in on a soft bed of fluffy white rice. FIVE ingredients!
- 5 frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1.5 lbs.)
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 packet Zesty Italian dressing mix (dry)
- 6 ounces softened cream cheese, cubed
- 3 cups cooked rice
- fresh flat leaf parsley for garnish (optional)
- Place chicken in the crockpot and dot with cubes of butter. Sprinkle dry dressing mix over the top, and cover. Cook on low for 6-8 hours)
- Add cream cheese and cook on low for an additional hour.
- This is a good time to prepare the rice you will be serving the chicken over.
- Stir the cream cheese into the chicken and drippings, allowing chicken to break up as you stir. Turn crockpot off. Allow it to cool for 10 minutes. The sauce will be thin, but will thicken a bit as it sets. Serve over rice and garnish with parsley.