- 5 frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1.5 lbs.)
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 packet Zesty Italian dressing mix (dry)
- 6 ounces softened cream cheese, cubed
- 3 cups cooked rice
- fresh flat leaf parsley for garnish (optional)
- Place chicken in the crockpot and dot with cubes of butter. Sprinkle dry dressing mix over the top, and cover. Cook on low for 6-8 hours)
- Add cream cheese and cook on low for an additional hour.
- This is a good time to prepare the rice you will be serving the chicken over.
- Stir the cream cheese into the chicken and drippings, allowing chicken to break up as you stir. Turn crockpot off. Allow it to cool for 10 minutes. The sauce will be thin, but will thicken a bit as it sets. Serve over rice and garnish with parsley.