I can’t believe I haven’t shared this recipe here until just now! I make this all the time. Everyone LOVES it and it is so great for a busy day because you can just throw all the ingredients into the crockpot in the morning and it’s pretty much ready to go when you need it for dinner. I think this recipe came from my sister-in-law, and I’ve probably tweaked it a little bit over the years, as we all know I have this pesky little disorder that prevents me from making a recipe as written.
This recipe is a keeper because it is so versatile. You can use leftovers to make nachos, quesadillas, or just add a little more chicken broth and eat it like a soup.
I don’t know about you, but these are the kind of recipes I really cling to. Easy, healthy, and loved by all. If you are feeding a big crowd (game day plan?) you could easily double this, and have everyone bring a topping for a build your own taco bar. Call it a TACO BAR POTLUCK! Everybody wins for sure.
Hope you get a chance to give this one a try, and that your new year is off to a really great start!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?Print
- 3–4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, uncooked
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa
- 16 ounce can black beans, drained
- 14 ounce can corn, drained
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- White corn tortillas for serving
- Toppings: queso fresco, fresh cilantro, lime, sour cream, avocado, etc.
- Place chicken, broth, salsa, beans, corn and seasoning into the crockpot and set to low. Cook for 6-8 hours, and then remove chicken, shred, and return to the crockpot. Serve with a slotted spoon or tongs.
For the Tortillas
- In a medium size pan on high heat, add one or two teaspoons of oil. When the pan and oil are hot, add the tortilla and cook on each side until bubbly and slightly browned. Set on a paper towel and repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving of Salsa Chicken
- Calories: 245
- Sugar: 4.1g
- Sodium: 897mg
- Fat: 3.9g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2.3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 6.8g
- Protein: 31g
- Cholesterol: 69mg