Just so that you can be sure I don’t eat cinnamon rolls ALL the time, I thought I’d better share with you something you would be proud to eat for dinner. Not that I eat cinnamon rolls for dinner, just saying! Have you been properly introduced to my good friend, the boneless skinless chicken thigh? I’m pretty sure if you are a meat eater, you are probably well acquainted with her close cousin, the boneless skinless chicken breast. I myself have been ignoring this dark meat beauty for years. I’m not big on dark meat… I thought. Well, no more!
After hearing The Pioneer Woman sing it’s praise, I decided to be open minded and give them a try. Because if Ree says so, we listen. This rich, flavorful, never dry chicken thigh is the perfect base for my Creamy Balsamic Skillet Chicken. You can make it in about 30 minutes from start to finish and all on the stove top. The creamy balsamic sauce is made in the same pan, taking advantage of those golden bits left in the pan after the chicken is browned.
Serve it over your favorite rice medley, and then drizzle that creamy balsamic for all that is good and holy. You won’t be sorry. I’m know I’ll never go back!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?Print
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper
- 5 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed through a garlic press, or minced finely
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- fresh chopped parsley
- Serve over rice medley
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet (I use my cast iron) on medium high to high heat.
- Season both sides of your chicken with salt and pepper and then place them evenly around the hot pan. Turn heat down to medium high.
- Do not move the chicken around the pan, but let it cook for about 8-10 minutes. You will know when it is ready to turn when it has a nice golden brown color and doesn’t stick too much to the pan. Your chicken will be sizzling pretty good at this point!
- Turn the chicken over and cook for another 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken thighs from the pan and place them on a plate while you make the creamy balsamic sauce.
- Use the chicken broth to deglaze the pan, and use a whisk or wooden spoon to scrape the golden bits off the bottom of the pan as you stir. This is where a lot of flavor comes from. Turn your heat down to medium so that you have a gentle simmer.
- Add your pressed garlic, balsamic vinegar, heavy cream and brown sugar and stir together. Add the chicken back into the pan, and cook uncovered for another 5 minutes per side. This gives your chicken a chance to cook through, and also allows the sauce to reduce and thicken up.
- Plate the chicken on top of your favorite rice medley and drizzle with the creamy balsamic.
- Garnish with fresh parsley for a pop of green and fresh flavor!
- Serving Size: 1 Chicken Thigh
- Calories: 293
- Sugar: 4.6g
- Sodium: 468mg
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 7.3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 10.2g
- Trans Fat: 0.3g
- Carbohydrates: 5.4g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Protein: 28g
- Cholesterol: 157mg