I’m happy to be partnering with Yulu for this recipe to help spread the word about their creamy, Aussie style yogurt!
We’ve had the most beautiful weather this Spring in Arizona. While it’s normally in the triple digits by now, we’ve had plenty of April showers and have hardly even seen the 90’s so we have been outside soaking in every bit for as long as we can! One of the things we love to do is go for little adventures around our very own neighborhood.
It doesn’t take a lot of effort or planning, but gives us some quality time together as well as our daily does of Vitamin D and fresh air. Little Boy #3 rides his bike while I jog behind him. His pace is perfect for me, and since we like to take the time to stop and say hi to every flower, bug, and sidewalk crack along the way, I get plenty of chances to stop and catch my breath.
I love seeing the Jacaranda trees and Bougainvilleas in full bloom.
It’s amazing how beautiful your neighborhood is when you make a conscious effort to notice the little details along the way.
After about a mile, our final destination is this little farm. We say good morning to Mrs. (or Mr.?) Cow, and sometimes remember to bring a little treat to pass through the fence.
Almost home, and the best is yet to come! It’s always a good idea to have a post-adventure snack waiting for you…
And these Chocolate Hazelnut Granola Yogurt Bowls are the perfect thing to nourish our bodies after working up an appetite.
I was recently introduced to a new kind of yogurt called Yulu. It has a whole new taste and is inspired by an authentic Australian recipe. What makes it unique from other yogurts is that it is twice smoothed for extra creaminess. You can taste the difference! While some yogurts can be a little tart or sour, Yulu is thick, creamy, mild and kid-friendly. It has 9 grams of protein per serving and honest ingredients you can feel good about.
I eat yogurt almost every day. My favorite way to eat it is with homemade granola and fresh fruit. It’s a quick and easy way to satisfy my sweet tooth in a way I don’t feel guilty about.
You can find Yulu in your grocery store in these flavors: Vanilla Bean, Strawberry, Blueberry, Raspberry and Honey. If you love yogurt and enjoy trying new things like I do, be sure to sign up for the Yulu newsletter for coupons and giveaways.
And if you’ve never made your own granola before, it’s very easy to do! This recipe takes about 20 minutes to make from start to finish, and everyone in my family loves it.
So get out there and seek out your own adventures, whether you explore far away places or your very own neighborhood. It feels good to be active and spend time with the ones you love!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?Print
Creamy yogurt topped with blueberries, bananas and homemade Chocolate Hazelnut Granola.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup roasted unsalted hazelnuts, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, stir together coconut oil, honey, brown sugar, and cocoa powder. Stir until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is smooth (about 2 minutes), and remove from the heat. Add almond and vanilla extract and stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, hazelnuts and salt. Pour the cocoa mixture over the oat mixture and stir to coat.
- Spread an even layer on a baking sheet with sides, and bake for 5 minutes. Stir, and then bake for 5 more minutes. Stir again, and bake 3 more minutes, for 13 minutes total baking time.
- Allow the granola to cool completely on the baking sheet and then break into pieces. Add dark chocolate chips and mix to combine.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 184
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 57mg
- Fat: 9.8g
- Saturated Fat: 4.2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4.8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Protein: 3.2g
- Cholesterol: 0.7mg