I’ve just discovered the most efficient and delicious way to make America’s favorite cookie. These Chocolate Chip Cookie Sticks can be made in half the time as traditional chocolate chip cookies! There is no softening the butter, no adding wet and dry ingredients separately, no chilling the dough, no rolling the dough into balls, and no multiple batches in and out of the oven. The dough is made in one bowl, mixed by hand, and then pressed out onto the center of a baking sheet. So easy!
Bake the dough for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees, and then allow it to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes. Cut them into twelve 1-inch wide cookie sticks and you are done. Perfect for dipping into a cold glass of milk. I am obsessed with this method and can’t wait to try different flavors of dough.
You can have this dough made in five minutes! I love these kinds of recipes for when my boys’ friends come over and I want to lure them into the kitchen with sweet treats. The best conversations start in the kitchen with cookies and friends!
The edges of these Chocolate Chip Cookie Sticks are crisp, while the centers are soft and chewy. You can also cut each cookie in half if you prefer a smaller serving. They pack up and transport well, so they are the perfect dessert to bring along to share at get-togethers.
My favorite thing about these cookies is that there is only one bowl to wash up. Make these this weekend and you’ll love them too!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?Print
Sharing my favorite method – delicious and efficient! The edges of these Chocolate Chip Cookie Sticks are crisp, and the centers are soft!
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup oil (I use avocado oil)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a half-size baking sheet (13 x 17 inches) with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk both the granulated sugar and brown sugar with the oil. Add egg and vanilla and whisk until smooth.
- Add flour, salt, and baking soda. Stir together until a dough forms. The dough will be a bit oily. Add chocolate chips and stir again.
- Press the dough into a flattened log shape down the center of the baking sheet, from short end to short end. Bake for 20-22 minutes (the edges will be golden) at 350 degrees.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes, and then cut into twelve 1-inch cookie sticks.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie stick
- Calories: 275
- Sugar: 24g
- Sodium: 151mg
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 3.8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 9.5g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 37g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Protein: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 16mg
Keywords: chocolate chip cookie sticks, chocolate chip, cookie sticks, cookies, easy