I heart cheesecake.
Rich, dense, creamy chocolate cheesecake is my favorite.
Add a buttery Oreo cookie crust, red ripe raspberries, and swirly ribbons of chocolate…
Now, this recipe is not too difficult. It actually comes together fairly quickly, but there are a few things I learned from the cheesecake I made prior to this one that did not turn out that I would be happy to share with you. Just to save you the frustration…
It turns out, the key to a nice dense cheesecake is to try not to incorporate too much air into the batter while you are making it. If you incorporate too much air while mixing, it will turn out like a bad soufflé. It puffs up while it’s cooking, the top cracks into a million pieces, and it looks like a dry desert land. To prevent this from happening, only mix the ingredients on low speed, and mix until they are just incorporated. Make sure you use softened room temperature cream cheese, which blends more easily than cold cream cheese.
To make chocolate curls, use a milk chocolate bar that is slightly warmed. Even holding the bar in your hand will do the trick. Using a vegetable peeler, shave the long edge of the chocolate bar and curl away, letting them fall onto a piece of wax paper. Keep them in the freezer until you are ready to garnish your cheesecake. I used a toothpick to place them on the cheesecake because they would melt from the warmth of my fingers.Print
Rich, dense, creamy chocolate cheesecake topped with fresh raspberries and milk chocolate ribbons.
- 24 Oreo Sandwich Cookies (crushed)
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 4 packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted and slightly cooled
- 4 eggs
- 6.8 ounce bar of milk chocolate
- fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix crushed Oreos with melted butter and press into the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, flour, and vanilla in a large bowl with an electric mixer on low speed. Do not mix more than you need to- just to combine.
- Add melted chocolate and mix.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix on low speed after each addition.
- Pour over the Oreo crust.
- Bake 45-50 minutes. The center should still be slightly unset. Refrigerate at least four hours. Cut into squares to serve.
- To garnish, use a vegetable peeler to shave milk chocolate into curls. Add fresh raspberries.
Adapted from Kraft
Keywords: chocolate cheesecake, chocolate, cheesecake, fresh raspberries, chocolate ribbons