Happy Valentine’s Day! Today I’m partnering with Shamrock Farms to share this recipe (and a little love) for Chia Pudding Parfaits with you!
I’ve really been trying to make better decisions when it comes to what I put in my body this year. Sometimes it’s easy to slide into some not-so-great habits, and my body was really begging me for a little restart. The New Year is a natural time to focus on health and forming new habits, and so a lot of us are probably in this together, am I right? Let me show you one way I make healthy choices beautiful and delicious with these Chia Pudding Parfaits!
Of course I’m late to jump on the chia pudding bandwagon (as usual) but after tasting a chia pudding breakfast bowl at one of my new favorite places to meet up with friends, I really wanted to figure out how to make it at home. It’s so easy to make, and I love how you can customize it to make it your own creation.
The basic ratio is one cup of milk to 1/4 cup chia seeds. If you like tapioca pudding, this is for you! The seeds soften and absorb the liquid in the milk, and the result is a super creamy pudding that tastes so good layered with berries, almonds, and cereal or granola.
I buy my seeds in bulk and keep them in the fridge, and I used Shamrock Farms Organic Milk. My family drinks so much milk (THREE growing BOYS!) and so I appreciate that Shamrock Farms products are wholesome and nutritious with no added growth hormones, antibiotics, or pesticides. It also has 8 grams of protein per serving and nine essential nutrients.
I always like having healthy recipes ideas in my pocket when I’m trying to shift my focus when it comes to food choices. Chia Pudding Parfaits taste more like an indulgent treat than a healthy option, but are full of all things good for you!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?Print
- 1 cup Shamrock Farms Organic Milk
- 1 tablespoon sweetener (maple syrup, agave, honey)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon strawberry jam
- 1/2 cup cereal or granola (I used bran nuggets)
- 1/2 cup mixed berries (I used frozen)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Pour milk and choice of sweetener into a microwavable bowl and heat for about 1 minute. Add vanilla extract, and whisk together so the sweetener and vanilla are dissolved into the milk.
- Add the chia seeds and whisk to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- When ready to assemble, stir strawberry jam into the chia pudding.
- Layer chia pudding, cereal or granola, berries, and almonds into two glass dishes. Enjoy!
This post is sponsored by Shamrock Farms.