Hope you all had a lovely weekend. Mine was pretty packed with all things good. We had a little Frozen viewing party, two family birthday get togethers, a way too successful trip to Target, a Cub’s spring training game, dinner at my parent’s house, and church. Cory and the boys even set up the tent and slept in the backyard one night! Now that I’m writing it all out, I can’t believe we packed that much in. No wonder Little Boy #3 fell asleep in my arms right after dinner tonight! By the way, you can follow me on Instagram if you like to see more weekend/ casual/ behind the scene pics. So don’t you just love that Frozen? I am not a fan of kid’s movies in general. I’m lucky (well, my boys are too) that my mom happens to love a lot of kid’s movies and will often take my boys to the theater and so I get to skip out on that whole scene. I can’t seem to sit that long, and I hate it when you think the movie is just about to finally wrap it up and save the darn princess, but then along comes another villain and we have to endure another half hour of fairy tale torture. So I don’t say it lightly – Frozen is just so sweet, honest, deep, and endearing. I’m also a big fan of pasta salads. This one is a spin on the classic Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato sandwich, but substitutes fresh cheese tortellini for the typical toasted bread. I love mixing spinach leaves into my pasta salad. It lightens them up (so you can eat more), and adds a beautiful splash of green. The dressing is a quick, jazzed up ranch made from sour cream and dry dressing mix. This salad is great to have in the fridge for weekday lunches… you’ve got all four food groups in one bowl. Does anyone even care about the four food groups anymore? Haha! I think not. Well, the weekend has come to an end, and my house is so quiet compared to the laughter and chaos of the busy weekend as I wrap up this post and say goodnight. Ready for another week? Best foot forward, thinking happy/thankful thoughts, dwelling on what’s lovely and true. Bring it Monday!
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 clove garlic pressed through a garlic press
- 3 teaspoons dry ranch dip mix
- 9 ounces fresh cheese tortellini
- 2 tablespoons crumbled bacon (can use bacon bits), divided
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- In a small bowl mix together sour cream, garlic, ranch dip mix and 1 tablespoon of the crumbled bacon. Refrigerate until you are ready to assemble the salad. It tastes best when it has had at least an hour to sit so the flavors can blend together.
- Cook pasta according to directions, then strain and rinse with cold water, and strain again.
- Mix pasta with dressing, and then toss with baby spinach and tomatoes. Sprinkle the remaining 1 tablespoon of crumbled bacon on top. Serve immediately, or refrigerate until ready to serve.
This recipe was inspired by a pasta salad that I had at a Pampered Chef party years ago.