We’ve made these Best Ever Blondies so many times this summer that I had to stop and take some pictures so I could share them with you all here. This is one of those recipes you need on speed dial. You likely have all SIX ingredients on hand as we speak, and the recipe comes together quickly in ONE bowl! We all know summer has a tendency to fly by, so quick, crowd-pleasing recipes come in so handy!
How do they taste?
If you’ve never had a blondie before, think of them as a brownie but replace the chocolate flavor with caramel. There’s no caramel in the actual recipe, but the butter and brown sugar come together to make a rich caramel flavor. These Best Ever Blondies have a fantastic soft chewy texture, shiny crackled finish, and a not-too-sweet buttery caramel flavor that people go crazy for!
My son, Noah, first made this recipe, and each time we’ve made them we streamlined the recipe just a bit to see if we could make it simpler and faster without compromising texture or flavor. Not everything we make is a success around here, but when we come up with something this good and easy, we can’t help but share it!
How to Serve
Best Ever Blondies would be the perfect thing to bring to a 4th of July get-together. You can keep them simple and serve as is, or you could add a scoop of vanilla ice cream, a drizzle of caramel sauce, and some cashews for an over-the-top Carmel Cashew Sundae. Any Culver’s fans out there? Yum!
The key to cutting nice neat squares is to let the blondies cool for at least 2 hours, and then use a plastic knife. You can also pop them into the freezer for 15 minutes after cooling completely, and then remove them from the pan and cut with a very sharp knife.
I hope you get the chance to try our Best Ever Blondies soon, and if you do, save me an edge piece!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?Print
These Best Ever Blondies have a soft chewy texture, shiny crackled finish, and a not-too-sweet buttery caramel flavor that we go crazy for!
- 3/4 cups butter (1 1/2 sticks), melted
- 1 3/4 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9 by 9 inch metal baking pan* with parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a mixer with the whisk attachment, add melted butter and brown sugar. Whisk together until incorporated.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract and whisk on medium speed for one minute.
- Add flour and salt, and mix by hand, scraping down the edges of the bowl just until the flour is incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared pan, and smooth it out into an even layer.
- Bake for 28-30 minutes. The edges will be golden, and the top will be crackled and shiny.
- Allow to cool completely (at least 2 hours) before cutting with a plastic knife to serve.
*I recommend baking these in a metal baking dish versus glass or stoneware. Here’s a comparison on baking times for different types of pans.
- Serving Size: 1 Bar
- Calories: 200
- Sugar: 19g
- Sodium: 116mg
- Fat: 9.3g
- Saturated Fat: 5.7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3g
- Trans Fat: 0.3g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 46mg
Keywords: blondies, cookies, bars, blondies bars, cookie bars, dessert bars, easy desserts, simple ingredients