These Best Ever Blondies have a soft chewy texture, shiny crackled finish, and a not-too-sweet buttery caramel flavor that we go crazy for!
- 3/4 cups butter (1 1/2 sticks), melted
- 1 3/4 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9 by 9 inch metal baking pan* with parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a mixer with the whisk attachment, add melted butter and brown sugar. Whisk together until incorporated.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract and whisk on medium speed for one minute.
- Add flour and salt, and mix by hand, scraping down the edges of the bowl just until the flour is incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared pan, and smooth it out into an even layer.
- Bake for 28-30 minutes. The edges will be golden, and the top will be crackled and shiny.
- Allow to cool completely (at least 2 hours) before cutting with a plastic knife to serve.
*I recommend baking these in a metal baking dish versus glass or stoneware. Here’s a comparison on baking times for different types of pans.
- Serving Size: 1 Bar
- Calories: 200
- Sugar: 19g
- Sodium: 116mg
- Fat: 9.3g
- Saturated Fat: 5.7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3g
- Trans Fat: 0.3g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 46mg
Keywords: blondies, cookies, bars, blondie bars, cookie bars, dessert bars, easy desserts, simple ingredients