Today’s post is sponsored by Fleischmann’s® Simply Homemade®.
I simply cannot believe it is already November! Seriously, good one there November, you got me – a total blindside! I knew it was October 31st when all those kids came up to my door asking for candy, but somehow the fact that November 1st came next!
And with November comes the cozy things I’ve been longing for all summer long – that extra warm quilt thrown over the bed, crisp morning runs, hot tea at night… ahhh. BUT, then someone on Instagram has to go and post something all cute about how there’s only 7 more Mondays until Christmas and completely burst my November bubble. Because all the sudden I go from enjoying the change of season to stressing about ALL that needs to be done in order to be ready for Christmas. Some people just like to get everyone in a tizzy for no good reason.
While these Banana Muffins with Almond Oat Streusel Topping definitely fit in with the cozy vibe of November, they will also come in very handy when the holiday pace picks up. Most of the time I make my baked goods from scratch, but I always like to keep a boxed mix or two on hand for when I need to whip up something fast. You don’t even have to get out a mixer for these! These muffins are super easy to make, and their delicious taste and moist texture is spot on.
I love these new bread and muffin mixes that are specially created to pair with wholesome Greek yogurt. Adding Greek yogurt to a muffin recipe not only adds more protein, but it also makes the muffins even more flavorful.
I appreciate that these mixes (banana, lemon poppyseed, and raspberry) are made with simple, high quality ingredients and no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives. And while they are delicious as is, you can make them your own with add-ins or top them with a quick and easy streusel topping like I did.
Keep a few boxes tucked away in the pantry for overnight holiday guests or even just to deliver a quick treat to a neighbor. But don’t worry, you still have 7 more Mondays until the big day!Print
Soft, fluffy banana muffins made with Greek yogurt and coconut oil – super quick and easy too!
For the Muffins
- 1 box Fleischmann’s Simply Homemade Muffin & Bread Mix, banana flavor
- 5.3 ounce container (2/3 cup) vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup oil (I used coconut oil)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
For the Streusel Topping
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a muffin tin with paper liners, or spray with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl combine all the muffin ingredients and stir until the mixture forms a batter. Spoon the batter into each well of the muffin tin, filling about 2/3 full.
- In another bowl, mix the streusel ingredients together until coarse crumbs form. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the streusel topping over the muffin batter.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes and then remove from muffin pan.
Keywords: banana muffins with almond oat streusel topping, banana muffins, streusel, muffins, quick and easy recipe
This post is sponsored by Fleischmann’s Simply Homemade.