- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup panko
- 1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- olive oil spray
Buttermilk Ranch Dip
- 1/3 cup olive oil based mayo (or light)
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon dry buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice zucchini into 1/4 inch slices.
- Place zucchini in a Ziploc bag and add flour. Seal the bag and shake to coat.
- Dip each slice of zucchini in the egg, and then coat with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Set the breaded zucchini on a baking sheet generously coated with olive oil. Mist or drizzle the olive oil on the top of each zucchini slice as well.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, until the zucchini is just tender and the breading is golden brown. Sprinkle with salt to taste.
For the Dip
- In a small bowl, stir together the mayo, greek yogurt and milk. Add the dry buttermilk and the rest of the seasonings, and mix well. Refrigerate until serving.
- This dip tastes best when made a few hours before serving so the flavors have time to get to know each other.
- Tip: When serving, set out a larger bowl with a sealed sandwich sized Ziplock bag full of ice in it. Set the dip bowl on top of the ice. This keeps it nice and cold while it is set out on the counter.