My sister-in-law made this delicious Avocado Dip when we were camping in Colorado last summer, and it was a huge hit with the whole family. Since then, I have made it for so many get togethers, and I love how easily it comes together.
This Avocado Dip recipe is very forgiving! You can use the basic idea and throw in whatever you have on hand. If I only have four avocados instead of six, no big deal.
The acidity of the salsa verde and lime juice keeps the avocados from turning brown, so this dip will last in the fridge for a day or two after you make it. Serve with chips of course! I also love it with a cheese quesadilla or topping a steak fajita. Fresh corn right off the cob would be amazing, but since it’s not always in season, canned corn works just fine.
- 6 avocados, chopped
- 1 can of black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can of corn, drained
- 1/2 red onion finely minced
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 cup of salsa verde
- Juice of half a lime
- 1/2 teaspoon to 1 teaspoon salt
- Optional: 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder and 1-2 teaspoons honey
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.