Happy Monday to you! I’ve got a really fun and simple recipe to share with you today. We’ve had a stash of these Ice Cream Sundae Cookie Cups in the freezer which has been a really nice treat to enjoy after some pool time on a hot summer evening.
You use a standard sized muffin tin, and some chocolate chip cookie dough (minus the chocolate chips) to make the cookie cups. They are perfect for holding a little scoop of vanilla ice cream.
To make the little well in the center, I used a small spice container to press down the center right when them came out of the oven. Don’t worry if your cookie cup still looks a little under baked when you pull them out of the oven. This makes them easier to bite into when they are frozen later.
When they are cool, fill each cookie cup with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, freeze them well, and then drizzle on a bit of “magic shell” chocolate coating. It’s only two ingredients and it hardens almost instantly. Don’t forget the chopped peanuts!
You can be creative with the ice cream flavors and toppings too. Hope you get a chance to try these fun little treats!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?
- For the Cookie Cups
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) softened butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 3 teaspoons coconut oil
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of an electric or stand mixer, cream together butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Add egg and vanilla and mix on medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, salt and baking soda.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the batter on low speed until completely incorporated.
- Scoop dough into a greased standard size muffin tin, using an ice cream scoop, dividing the dough evenly between the 12 cups.
- Bake for 15-16 minutes. The edges of each cookie cup should be golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, and press down the center of each cookie with a small spice container. Let the cookie cups cool in the muffin tin for 10 minutes, then twist each one out and let it cool completely on a cooking rack.
- Using a small scoop, place about 1/4 cup vanilla ice cream in each cookie cup. Place them in the freezer to harden.
- In a small microwavable bowl, combine coconut oil and chocolate chips, and microwave for 20 seconds. Stir until chips are dissolved.
- Spoon the chocolate mixture over the ice cream and sprinkle with peanuts. Return to the freezer until you are ready to serve. Allow them to sit out at room temperature for 10 minutes so they are slightly softened and easier to eat.