I’m so thrilled to be partnering with McCormick again this year! My kitchen cabinet has been full of their little red capped spices since day one, and I love sharing ideas and recipe inspiration with you using the products I’ve always loved. Today we are sharing a fast, easy, and super delicious recipe for Cilantro Lime Rice Shrimp Bowls.
True Confession: This is my FIRST EVER shrimp recipe on Lovely Little Kitchen. I thought I wasn’t much of a shrimp girl, but man-oh-man, I am now! Sweet jumbo shrimp sautéed in spiced butter served over zesty cilantro lime rice is definitely the way to convince yourself if you are on the fence about shrimp!
I was surprised not only by how much I LOVED this dish, but how fast and easy it was to make! Shrimp (being that they are indeed tiny) take very little time to cook and really the only way to mess them up is to overcook them. They love being bathed in butter (don’t we all?) and they are a great little swap for chicken in many of our favorite dishes.
While my husband and I both loved this recipe, Little Boy #1 could not get enough… though he did feel the need to dip the shrimp in BBQ sauce, which I do not really recommend here. I don’t get too offended though because I think he would top his ice cream with BBQ sauce if I’d let him!
And it’s AMAZING what a little onion, garlic, jalapeño, cilantro and lime can do for plain white rice. The flavor is so bright and delicious!
True Story: Currently, eating a fried egg on top of leftover said rice and some wilted baby spinach and it’s fabulous – but let’s save that for another day.
This little spice mix with McCormick’s ground cumin, garlic powder, and smoked paprika is the perfect compliment – not too spicy but adds so much depth and flavor.
If you are craving a little heat, just add in a little pinch of cayenne pepper.
So if you are needing a little inspiration to give chicken a break and try something new, give this one a go! I think you’ll love how fast, easy, and fresh it is!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?
- 2 tablespoon butter, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed through a garlic press
- 1-2 jalapeños, seeded and diced
- 2 cups white rice (I used instant)
- 2 cups broth (chicken or vegetable)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Sicilian Sea Salt
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- Zest of one lime
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Ground Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Smoked Paprika
- 12 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Serve with additional fresh chopped cilantro, lime, and avocado
- In a medium pan, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium high heat. Add onion, garlic and jalapeños and sauté until the onions are soft and translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Add rice, broth, lime juice, salt and 2 tablespoons of fresh cilantro. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. If using instant rice, cook for 5 minutes, then turn off heat and let stand for 5, and fluff with a fork. Add 1 tablespoon butter, remaining fresh cilantro and the zest of a lime.
- In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium high heat. Whisk in spices, and when pan is hot, add shrimp. Cook for about 2 minutes per side, then remove from heat and serve over rice with additional cilantro, lime, and avocado slices.
This post is sponsored by McCormick.