When someone asks you if you’ve ever had Salted Caramel Rice Krispie Treats and you realize you never have, you make two batches in two days, share them with everyone, and hurry to share the recipe!
Friends, I think I’d love any-old fashioned rice
These Salted Caramel Rice Krispie Treats are still easy to make with ingredients you probably have
I made these with one bag of marshmallows and 7 cups of Rice Krispies in a 9 by 9 inch baking pan and the ratio was just right. I always try to make them a bit more marshmallowy.
This is the perfect time to break out the good quality finishing salt. I love to use Maldon sea salt. One box will last you a good long while! The texture is light and flakey, and I love the way the saltiness balances out the sweetness in this recipe.
Thanks a bunch to my sister-in-law, Erin, who shared this Salted Caramel Rice Krispie Treat recipe idea with me, and who also happens to keep things running smoothly behind the scenes here at Lovely Little Kitchen. In an ever-changing internet world, we are trying our best to keep this site in tip top shape, so it works well for you all, and I’m so thankful for all the help!
Hope you all get the chance to make these unforgettable treats and share them with someone you love.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?Print
- 7 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- 1/2 cup butter, salted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon flaky sea salt such as Maldon (or 1/4 teaspoon table salt), plus more for sprinkling
- 12-ounce bag regular marshmallows
- Prepare a 9 by 9 inch square baking dish by spraying with nonstick spray, or buttering well. Measure out 7 cups of cereal and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium high heat. Add brown sugar, heavy cream, and corn syrup and bring to a boil while stirring constantly. Cook until the mixture thickens, or about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the salt, and remove from the heat. Stir in the marshmallows until completely melted.
- Combine the cereal and the marshmallow mixture and stir together until completely combined. Pour into the prepared baking dish and press to level. I like to rub my hands with nonstick spray so the mixture doesn’t stick to them. Sprinkle with additional flakey sea salt to taste.
- Allow the Salted Caramel Rice Krispie Treats to cool completely and then cut into 16 bars. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
This recipe is adapted from Jamie Dean’s Salted Caramel Crispy Treats.
- Serving Size: 1 Bar
- Calories: 203
- Sugar: 20g
- Sodium: 196mg
- Fat: 7.4g
- Saturated Fat: 4.6g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2.3g
- Trans Fat: 0.3g
- Carbohydrates: 34g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Protein: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 19mg