I’m getting so excited for the change of season that is happening all around me. I love Fall… the crisp morning air, the earthy colors, the gathering of loved ones, and of course all the seasonal dishes we enjoy. While I’m looking forward to sharing some more sweet treats with you, I’m so happy to be partnering with Kraft to bring you this nutritious salad recipe perfect for Fall. It’s always nice to have something to balance out the pumpkin cookies right? As the season approaches, I try to remind myself it’s all about moderation.
One of the things I love about this salad is the roasted sweet potatoes. Have you ever tried them? They are so quick and easy to make, and I know you will fall in love like I did. A simple toss in some olive oil and sprinkle of salt and pepper is really all they need before spending some time in the oven. Their mellow flavor and subtle sweetness pairs perfectly with Kraft’s Balsamic Vinaigrette, which is also slightly sweet with a nice tang.
I also added some dried cranberries and roasted sunflower seeds. They add the most delicious nuttiness and crunch. They are my favorite thing to add to salads these days. I love the way they are little enough to adhere to the dressed greens so you get a little bit with every bite!
I love having this salad for lunch, but I could also see it as a side salad on a Thanksgiving table. Aren’t the vibrant colors just so beautiful? Food can be decorative as well as delicious!
Be sure to check out Kraft and their fabulous line of salad dressings. There are so many varieties and options, you can be creative with your salads and always find the perfect compliment to dress it with.
This recipe makes one larger entree sized salad, or two smaller side salads. Hope you enjoy and Happy Fall!Print
- 1 cup sweet potato cut into 1/2 inch cubes (about 1 medium sweet potato)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups mixed baby greens
- 1/4 cup roasted salted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons Kraft Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange the sweet potato pieces on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss and mix to coat each piece, and then spread the pieces out so you have a single layer.
- Bake the sweet potatoes, stirring one time halfway through, for 25 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before adding to the salad so they won’t wilt the greens.
- Top your greens with the sweet potatoes, sunflower seeds, and dried cranberries. Drizzle the balsamic vinaigrette over the top and toss to coat.
- This recipe makes one larger entree salad, or two smaller side salads.
Change up your dinner routine with Kraft. Visit KraftRecipes.com for great recipes and meal ideas, featuring Kraft. Because food deserves delicious.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kraft. The opinions and text are all mine.