So you know those Take Five candy bars? Yes? These are the cookie cup version of those. They’ve got pretzels, caramel, peanut butter, and milk chocolate. I always have to talk myself out of buying them when I’m standing in the check out line at the grocery store. My boys beg me to buy the kind of gum that unrolls to be six feet long, and I want a Take Five candy bar – no and no!
Now let’s just wait patiently while this lady in front of us ad matches the whole store!
So these cookie cups are inspired by that candy bar, and they are all that and so much more. You’ve gotta make these!
If you are a sweet and salty lover, these are knock-your-socks-clear-outta-the-park amazing. This recipe makes 12 LARGE cookie cups. These are made in a standard size muffin tin, not the mini one. In other words, they weigh about 10 pounds each and are the size of a small child. Well, almost.
So here’s how you make them. First, you make a basic cookie dough. It’s actually my favorite chocolate chip cookie dough without the chocolate chips.
Then you scoop (with an ice cream scoop) a ball of dough into the greased muffin tin. Bake them, and then while they are still warm, you press a whole peanut butter cup (not the little ones, the regular ones) into the warm cookie.
When the cookies have cooled down a bit, twist them out of the muffin tin and let them finish cooling in the fridge so that the chocolate can set again. It gets pretty melty from the warm cookie.
Then caramel is poured over the peanut butter cup, and a pretzel goes on top. I had to take a couple of pictures of these babies in my hand so you could have something to reference for size.
If you’re still not sure if you want to try these or not, I had 7 different people taste them for me, and they all loved them… Okay, those seven people were my husband, boys, my mom, my sister and myself! But we all loved them! Hope you enjoy too!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?Print
The cookie cup version of the Take Five candy bars! You’ve GOTTA make these!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) softened butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 snack size (not miniature) peanut butter cups, unwrapped
- 12 mini pretzel knots
- Sea Salt for sprinkling
For the caramel
- 20 caramel candies (I used Werther’s Original soft caramels)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons water
For the Cookie Cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of an electric or stand mixer, cream together butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Add egg and vanilla and mix on medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, salt and baking soda.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the batter on low speed until completely incorporated.
- Scoop dough into a greased standard size muffin tin, using an ice cream scoop, dividing the dough evenly between the 12 cups.
- Bake for 15-16 minutes. The edges of each cookie cup should be golden brown.
- Remove the muffin tin from the oven, and place one peanut butter cup into the center of each cookie cup, pressing down gently so that the peanut butter cup sits below the level of the top of the cookie. You want to leave room for caramel. The chocolate will melt from the warmth of the cookie.
- Refrigerate until the chocolate is set once again.
- Spoon the melted caramel over each cookie cup and then gently press a pretzel on top. Sprinkle sea salt on top of each cookie cup.
- The caramel will set as it comes back to room temperature.
For the caramel
- Unwrap candies and put them in a small microwave safe bowl. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons of water. Microwave for 25 seconds and then stir. You want the consistency to be just thin enough to spoon over the peanut butter cup, so if it still sticks to the spoon without dripping off, add a tiny bit (1/2 teaspoon) more water and microwave 10 more seconds and stir.
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie Cup
- Calories: 328
- Sugar: 29g
- Sodium: 329mg
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 7.4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5.8g
- Trans Fat: 0.3g
- Carbohydrates: 47g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Protein: 4.2g
- Cholesterol: 37mg