Just a few random tidbits that I’ve been meaning to share with you…
1. I adore holiday themed garlands. I think I need this one from Land of Nod. So fun to make your own!
2. This is happening now, in my city! I used to have to order these online, but now we have one 10 minutes away. This could be dangerous! My favorite are their cake bites. Just gave a box to my mom for her birthday!
3. Have you noticed that you can tell a lot about someone by the TV shows they watch? I’m the first to admit I will judge a person’s taste by the shows they watch. Sister Wives, really??? Ever since we got rid of our cable, we are way more intentional about the shows we watch. These are the only ones I watch (no judging please).
Downton Abby – What’s going to happen to Edith’s baby? And I have a theory about Mr. Barrow and Ms. Baxter, the new lady’s maid…
Rehab Addict – An endearing Barbie-like single mom restores historical homes to their former glory.
Survivor – Can you believe it’s still on? Still not sick of it!
Alaska: The Last Frontier – I’m fascinated by these people whose lives are so different from mine. Did you know it’s all about singer, Jewel’s family?
Duck Dynasty – How can this one and Downton Abby even be on the same list? I’d love it even more if they made a show just about the wives. Real Housewives of Duck Dynasty?
The Pioneer Woman – Love ya Ree! Please tell me the secrets of raising up boys!
So if you think your TV show taste aligns with mine, let me recommend to you Call the Midwife.
It’s starting its third season on Sunday. It’s based on the memoirs of a midwife who served London’s East End in the 1950’s. So well done!
4. I’m not usually one to buy spendy clothes, but we had a birthday month coupon code so my husband bought this lovely tunic for my birthday. It’s my new favorite thing to wear! So soft and flowy. Maybe it will go on sale soon?
5. Orange Blossoms- they are in bloom full force and the scent is to die for right now. Lindsay, from Pinch of Yum recently visited the beautiful state of Arizona, and she described it perfectly. She said, “It’s like breathing in candy-sweet fruit SUGAR OXYGEN all the live long day.” If you ever want to visit Arizona, come in March. It’s as good as we get. But bring your Zyrtec!
6. I know some of you are still dealing with that white fluffy cold stuff, what’s it called again? Maybe you can relate to how this little guy is feeling?
But soon and very soon I promise you will be wearing shorts! This is what it looks like in my backyard right now.
Please don’t hate! But if you are melanin challenged (aka whitey) like me, shorts season makes you panic a little. This is my favorite self tanning lotion.
I’ve tried both cheap and pricey, and this one works just swell. The color builds up gradually, so you don’t have to be too careful about applying it evenly. And it doesn’t stink! I bought it at the Walmarts. Now if you see me in person, and you think, “I thought she said she used tanning lotion.” This IS me with tanning lotion… Without it, I’m completely pale. Yes, even more pale.
7. Do you follow these babies on Instagram? Her recipes are awesome, but her newborn twins are stealing the show!
8. Last time I will talk about this movie, I promise. Isn’t this couple the cutest?
9. Little Boy #2 is in love with the smell of almond extract so he decided to tape it to his face so he could smell it forever.
Can’t say I blame him! Hope you have a fabulous weekend!
Disclaimer: the links in this post for the lotion are Amazon affiliate links.
Kristin Brown says
Hi Julie! I just have to tell you, I came across your blog (via Pinterest of course), and LOVE your recipes (and the beautiful photography)! I’m *really* not normally one for food blogs but I think I finally found the one that matches my food tastes. 🙂 I’m excited to start trying a few new recipes of yours!
P.S. YES to Call the Midwives! Love it!
So glad you found me Kristin! Welcome!
Found your blog via Pinterest and I’m already borderline-obsessed 🙂
Have a great weekend!
Hi Tiara! I’m happy you found me. Hope you have a great weekend too, and come back soon!
Karen @ The Food Charlatan says
I’m DYING over that last photo Julie!!! You’re son’s seriously onto something. And I’m sooooooooo jealous that you’re getting a Sweet Tooth Fairy, they need to branch out to CA!! I miss cake bites. Like, bad.
I’ll eat a cake bite for you next time I’m there, okay? :0)
Hi Julie, I also found you on Pinterest and am happy to have sailed on in. It’s a wonderfully welcoming blog and I have enjoyed my visit. I’ll be back. Loved everything about this post, but my favorite was the photo of your little boy. My little boy is 35 now but I remember when 🙂 Looking back you can only laugh. He’s a real cutie!
Hi Denise! It makes my day to hear you say my blog is wonderfully welcoming! I’m so glad you paid me a visit. Thank you for your kind words!
Kathi @ Deliciously Yum! says
Love this fun list, Julie! Holiday-themed garlands are totally my thing – I definitely have to check out what else Land of Nod has to offer – the bunny garland is pretty adorable!! Also, so jealous of your backyard view – I am not even ready to start thinking shorts yet, even thought we had a 59-degree day today. Yay!
Your little man is a genius :)!
Alison haight says
I love Downton so very much, and appreciate anyone who shares that love with me! Your backyard looks beautiful! We’re still longing for any form of vegetation around here! 🙂
Thanks Alison. Can’t wait to see your garden this year!