Celebrating big time over here in the LLK household!
Little Boy #3 has finally decided to be the BIG BOY that he is and stay in his own bed ALL night. No more waking up in the wee hours of the morning with a sore hip, a foot in my face, and one arm completely asleep! Those of you who have ever been forced involuntarily into a co-sleeping situation know exactly what I’m talking about! I love that kid and all his snuggly ways, but seriously, I don’t want to see your sweet little face until… um, let’s say at least 6am, okay?
This mama needs space!
Since all celebrations need chocolate I decided to make some Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Bars…
Of course, they are not just regular old rice krispie bars, though I love those to pieces and could eat a whole pan without even apologizing. These have more of a CARAMEL base made with BUTTER and BROWN SUGAR, with a little PEANUT BUTTER for good measure, and a thick layer of CHOCOLATE on top! I’m pretty sure you’re going to love them.
So let’s make these and celebrate the little victories in life, like sleeping without feet in your face!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cups dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 5 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- Prepare a 9 by 9 inch baking pan by lining it with parchment paper. In a large pan, melt butter over medium high heat. Add brown sugar and stir to dissolve. Stir in the heavy cream, and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minutes, then turn the heat down to medium low and add the peanut butter and marshmallows. Stir until the marshmallows are melted. Remove from the heat and add cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Press the cereal mixture into the bottom of the pan.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and peanut butter for 30 seconds. Stir and then microwave in 15 second intervals until the smooth.
- Spread the chocolate peanut butter mixture over the cereal bars in an even layer. Chill 30 minutes to set the chocolate, and then remove from the pan and cut into bars.