This Buttery Honey Chipotle Chicken is the taco recipe I promised you last week, and I’m so excited for you to give it a try, especially with my fresh Mango Lime Salsa! This chicken taco filling is the perfect combination of sweet, smokey and spicy. And let’s add QUICK and EASY to that list as well, considering there are only six ingredients.
Watch how quickly this Buttery Honey Chipotle Chicken comes together! The chicken tenderloins are seasoned and cooked in a skillet on the stovetop. After they have browned on both sides in butter, just add the chopped chipotle peppers, adobo sauce and honey and let everything simmer together. Be careful where you chop the peppers, as they can stain the surface. When the chicken is cooked through, it shreds easily with two forks right in the skillet, and the liquid (and flavor) will soak into the chicken.
I really enjoyed this taco filling combination served on toasted mini naan bread (from Costco). I think I could eat these every single day and be so happy about it! Don’t forget to have some extra cilantro and fresh lime slices to garnish with, maybe even some sour cream.
We had no leftovers to look forward to, but I will definitely be making this again very soon. Especially as school starts and all the activities that go with it, I need quick and easy recipes like this on hand.
Hope you get the chance to make this Buttery Honey Chipotle Chicken, and that your family enjoys it as much as we do.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?Print
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds chicken tenderloins
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 or 2 chipotle chili peppers (in adobo), chopped finely*
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- In a large skillet, melt 5 tablespoons butter over medium high heat.
- Add chicken tenderloins in a single layer to the melted butter, sprinkle with salt and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Turn the tenderloins over, and then add the peppers, adobo, and honey. Stir to coat.
- Simmer 5-8 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and breaks apart easily.
- Turn the heat to low. Shred the chicken with two forks right in the skillet. Allow the shredded chicken to soak up the sauce until ready to serve.
- Serve with warm naan or soft flour tortillas, as well as fresh lime and Mango Lime Salsa.
*Add 1-2 chipotle peppers, depending on how spicy you prefer, and freeze the extra for another use. I used two for my family, and we agreed it was spicy but just right.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 374
- Sugar: 9.3g
- Sodium: 306mg
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 7.6g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6.1g
- Trans Fat: 0.4g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 47g
- Cholesterol: 154mg