Before I tell you all about this delicious Butter Pecan Chicken recipe, let me just say… It feels like spring in Arizona. This is the time of year we start hoping the heat that summer brings won’t come too soon, and we can enjoy mild weather just a little bit longer.
I’ve been working out in my garden, pruning what survived the winter (tomatoes!), pulling out what didn’t (eggplant) and also planting some things I’ve never tried before (dahlias!). And did I tell you we have chickens now? I’m definitely that crazy chicken
Back to the Butter Pecan Chicken recipe – I think you’ll love this one! It’s sweet and savory, cooks in one pan, and doesn’t have a lot of ingredients. Butter, brown sugar, honey, chicken broth, dried herbs and chopped pecans simmer together in the skillet to make the most incredible sticky sweet glaze. I like to serve it with either mashed potatoes or a rice pilaf so none of that sauce goes to waste.
It is helpful if your chicken breasts are all relatively the same size so they will cook evenly. If yours are on the thick side, you can pound them out, so they are thinner. Be careful not to
Whenever I get recipe requests from you all, it’s almost always easy dinner ideas. I feel ya! That’s my struggle too. So here’s an idea – if you have a favorite, easy dinner idea and don’t mind sharing recipes, send it my way!
You can email them to me here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can’t get enough?Print
This super easy Butter Pecan Chicken comes together quickly in one skillet, and doesn’t have a lot of ingredients. Definitely a winner!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt for seasoning
- pepper for seasoning
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season both sides of the chicken with kosher salt and pepper. Add 1 tablespoon oil (I use avocado) and 1 tablespoon butter to the hot pan.
- Place chicken in the pan and cook for about 10 min on each side (depending on thickness).
- When the chicken is almost cooked through (about 150 degrees internal temp), remove the chicken from the pan, and add pecans, butter, chicken broth, brown sugar, honey, thyme leaves, and parsley. Whisk together over medium heat, then add the chicken back to pan.
- Simmer gently for about 5-8 more minutes, spooning the sauce over the chicken. Serve over rice or mashed potatoes when the sauce is bubbly and thickened, and the chicken is cooked through to 165 degrees.
- Serving Size: 1 chicken breast
- Calories: 576
- Sugar: 33g
- Sodium: 498mg
- Fat: 32g
- Saturated Fat: 13g
- Unsaturated Fat: 16.2g
- Trans Fat: 0.8g
- Carbohydrates: 34g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Protein: 39g
- Cholesterol: 151mg
Keywords: butter pecan chicken, chicken, one skillet, easy dinner