- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pancake or waffle mix (I used Kodiak Cakes)
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1/3 cup whole milk plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and prepare an 8 by 8 inch baking pan by spraying with nonstick spray, or lining with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, stir waffle mix, oats, baking soda, and salt together. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream banana, brown sugar, and egg together until smooth on medium speed. Add maple syrup and Greek yogurt and mix until blended.
- Slowly mix in the dry ingredients just until incorporated.
- Spoon the batter into the pan in an even layer and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely, and then remove from pan and cut into bars. Store in an airtight container.
This recipe is adapted from one I found on the box of Kodiak Cake waffle and flapjack mix.
- Serving Size: 1 Bar
- Calories: 253
- Sugar: 23g
- Sodium: 461mg
- Fat: 5.2g
- Saturated Fat: 2.3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2.6g
- Trans Fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrates: 47g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Protein: 6.2g
- Cholesterol: 21mg