- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon butter flavoring (optional)
- 1 cup white chocolate melting wafers
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat butter and sugar together with an electric mixer on medium speed, and then add butter extract. Gradually add flour on low speed until just combined.
- Roll out dough on a well floured surface to 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut out circles of dough and place on a Silpat lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, watching for the edges of the cookies to start to brown.
- Cool cookies on a cooking rack.
- Melt wafters according to directions on the package.
- Spoon about 1 teaspoon of melted white chocolate onto the top of each cookie spreading it to the edge.
- Sprinkle chopped pistachios while the white chocolate is still melty. Allow the white chocolate to set at room temperature before stacking cookies to store.
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 214
- Sugar: 8.7g
- Sodium: 97mg
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 8.4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4.8g
- Trans Fat: 0.4g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Protein: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 29mg