This Spinach and Strawberry Salad with Almond Vinaigrette is easy, fruity, healthy, nutty, simple and green. You’ll love it!
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- dash of salt
Strawberry Spinach Salad
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 2 tablespoons Feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugared almonds
- In a small saucepan over medium high heat, combine oil, vinegar, sugar, and salt. Stirring frequently, heat until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add almond extract and remove from heat.
- Cool to room temperature before serving.
- I like to keep mine in a small mason jar, so that I can shake it with the lid on before dressing my salad.
- In a small nonstick pan, combine almonds and sugar over medium high heat. Stirring frequently (don’t walk away), toast the almonds until the sugar begins to melt. When it is completely dissolved and coating the almonds, remove them from the pan onto a piece of wax paper. Sprinkle with a bit of salt, and allow to cool.
To Assemble Salad
- Onto your bed of spinach, sprinkle strawberries, Feta cheese, and sugared almonds. I like to use about 1 tablespoon of the dressing for my salad, and then mix well so everything is coated in the dressing.
The ingredients for this salad are listed for one serving, except the vinaigrette and the sugared almonds, which will make about 6 single serving salads.
Keywords: strawberry and spinach salad, almond vinaigrette, easy, healthy