With layers of chicken, black beans, corn, cheese, and tortillas, this is a quick and easy, family friendly dinner!
- 3 cups chicken, cooked and shredded (I used a rotisserie from the deli)
- 1/2 cup mild salsa (or you can turn up the heat)
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup corn
- 2 1/2 cups freshly shredded cheese (I used CoJack)
- 4 flour tortillas, medium or soft taco size
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix chicken with salsa, chili powder, cumin, beans, and corn
- Lay your first tortilla down on the bottom of a greased pie dish.
- Scoop one third of the chicken mixture onto the tortilla and spread evenly. Top with 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Repeat the tortilla, chicken, cheese layers, ending with your fourth tortilla and the remaining 1 cup of cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the cheese on top is bubbly.
- Allow to cool slightly, and then slice into wedges, top with avocado, sour cream, and cilantro.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 670
- Sugar: 2.6g
- Sodium: 1079mg
- Fat: 34g
- Saturated Fat: 16g
- Unsaturated Fat: 14.3g
- Trans Fat: 0.7g
- Carbohydrates: 41g
- Fiber: 4.6g
- Protein: 49g
- Cholesterol: 146mg
Keywords: southwestern chicken taco pie, chicken, taco pie, easy