This recipe makes two small pans with nine servings each, which is great for making one for dinner and one for the freezer. No need to boil your noodles!
- 1 1/3 pounds ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3 cups jarred spaghetti sauce
- 1 lb. small curd cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 lb. cheese, shredded (I use half mozzarella and half cheddar)
- 16 uncooked lasagna noodles, trimmed to fit the pan
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare two 8 by 8, or 9 by 9 inch baking dishes by spraying with nonstick spray.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat, and add ground beef, leaving it in one flat layer to sear. Season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Once the bottom is golden, break up the ground beef with a wooden spoon and cook through, draining off any excess oil.
- Turn the heat off and stir in 2 cups of the spaghetti sauce. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, and egg together. Set aside.
- Spread a 1/2 cup of spaghetti sauce in the bottom of each pan. Lay four noodles over the sauce. Spread 1/4 of the cottage cheese mixture over the noodles. Then 1/4 of the shredded cheese. Lastly, add 1/4 of the meat mixture. Repeat with the same amount of noodles, cottage cheese, shredded cheese, and meat in both pans.
- Cover and freezer one pan if desired.
- Bake the lasagna covered with aluminum foil for 30 minutes at 350 degrees, and then uncovered for 15-20 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the noodles are soft. Let it sit for 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 317
- Sugar: 3.5g
- Sodium: 529mg
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 6.9g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6g
- Trans Fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Protein: 22g
- Cholesterol: 67mg
Keywords: simple homemade lasagna, no boil noodles, lasagna, easy, dinner