- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 6 tablespoons butter softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease 15 by 10 by 1-inch jelly-roll pan and line with parchment or waxed paper. Grease and flour paper and set aside. Lay out a clean, smooth kitchen towel and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Be generous with the sugar as this will keep the cake from sticking to the towel.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar on medium high speed until pale yellow. Add pumpkin and mix.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture on low speed until combined.
- Pour cake batter onto prepared jelly roll pan evenly. I gave the pan a few firm taps on the counter to help it level out.
- Bake for 11-14 minutes. I used a dark colored pan and my cake was done at 11 minutes. To test for doneness, gently press the center of the cake. If it is done it will spring back.
- Remove from the oven and invert the cake onto the prepared kitchen towel. Carefully peel away the wax paper.
- Starting from the short end of the cake, gently roll the cake up in the towel and allow to cool while you make the filling.
- Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, softened butter on low speed until smooth.
- Add maple syrup and heavy cream and beat on high speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Carefully unroll cake and remove towel.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over cake. Reroll cake. Wrap in plastic food wrap.
- Refrigerate at least one hour.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar right before serving. If you cake does happen to have some slight blemishes or cracks, this will cover them right up :0)
Source: Adapted from Libby’s
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 333
- Sugar: 33g
- Sodium: 290mg
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 9.8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5.4g
- Trans Fat: 0.3g
- Carbohydrates: 42g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Protein: 4.6g
- Cholesterol: 99mg