- 1–2 bunches of fresh asparagus (you’ll need 27 stalks)
- 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry
- 3 slices of prosciutto, cut into thirds
- 3 slices of cheese (baby swiss, muenster, or gruyere), cut into thirds
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Everything But the Bagel Seasoning (sea salt, poppy seeds, sesame seeds, garlic, and onion)*
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set a sheet of puff pastry out to thaw. In the meantime, wash, dry and trim 27 asparagus stalks (three per bundle).
- Cut the puff pastry sheet into nine equal squares and lay them on the prepared baking sheet. Place a strip of cheese on the puff pastry diagonally.
- Wrap the prosciutto around three stalks of asparagus and place them on top of the cheese strip and puff pastry. Bring the two opposite corners of the puff pastry around the bundle and secure with a toothpick.
- In a small bowl, whisk one egg and one tablespoon of milk together. Brush the egg wash on top of each puff pastry bundle and sprinkle a bit of Everything But the Bagel Seasoning if desired.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-17 minutes, or until the puff pastry is golden brown and the asparagus is fork tender.
*This is found at Trader Joe’s. If you don’t have any, these would still taste great without it!