Doing a little something different here on LLK today, okay? I’m going to need you to put your creative, inspired, competitive thinking cap on and be a good sport and play along. What would YOU make if I told you to come up with a recipe for the grill that included these FOUR ingredients?
- Pork tenderloin
- Grape Tomatoes
- Sargento® Chef Blends Four State Cheddar
Welcome to the 2016 Chopped at Home Challenge! I feel nervous and excited for you all at the same time. Do you like to cook under pressure? I love watching chefs and home cooks battle it out, but it really does get the old ticker pumping when you are faced with a particular list of ingredients, a countdown clock, and some fierce competition!
So here’s what I came up with – Pork Tenderloin Kabobs With Cheesy Broccoli Rice. This one has earned a permanent spot on the family dinner rotation! The pork tenderloin is marinated in olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and lemon pepper. It was so juicy and FULL of flavor!
The rice and broccoli are cooked together, and then a thick and creamy cheddar cheese sauce is mixed in. I’m pretty sure that cheese sauce is a winner no matter what. Who wants to lick the bowl?
These are the kind of meals that make summertime so fun, and make everyone want to linger at the table and go back for seconds.
Maybe you are feeling a little competitive and inspired yourself?
You can do the Chopped at Home challenge too! For the chance to WIN $5,000 and a trip to New York City to compete in a televised Chopped cooking challenge for a $10,000 grand prize, show off that fabulous recipe you’ve created here! Wouldn’t that be amazing to win?
For the Pork Marinade
- 1.5 pounds pork tenderloin, fat trimmed and cubed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper spice blend
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeeze lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
For the Cheesy Broccoli Rice
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups instant white rice
- 1 cup diced fresh broccoli
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed through a garlic press
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups Sargento Chef Blends Four State Cheddar, divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 zucchinis, sliced into 1/2 inch circles
- 1/4 red onion, cut into 1 inch squares
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
For the Pork Tenderloin
- Add the cubed pork tenderloin, oil, lemon pepper, lemon juice, and Dijon mustard into a gallon sized zip top bag. Seal tightly and the toss ingredients together to mix. Refrigerate for 6-8 hours.
For the Cheesy Broccoli Rice
- In a medium sized pan, bring chicken broth to a boil. Add rice and broccoli pieces, stir, cover, remove from heat, and let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a small separate pan, melt butter over medium high heat. Add flour and garlic, and whisk into a paste, cooking for 2 minutes. Whisk in the milk, and bring to a simmer. Cook until slightly thickened, then stir in the Sargento Chef Blends 4 State Cheddar. Add the cheese sauce to the broccoli rice. Add salt and pepper to taste. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Keep warm until ready to serve.
For the Kabobs
- Preheat grill to 400 degrees.
- Alternate pork tenderloin with the veggies on skewers (I prefer reusable metal skewers because they hold up better on the grill).
- Brush grill grates clean to avoid sticking, and place skewers on the hot grill. Cook about two minutes per side, turning four times, or until pork is cooked through and veggies are tender. Serve over rice.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sargento. The opinions and text are all mine.