Late summer zucchini breaded with pita chip crumbs and fried to golden brown perfection!
- 2 cups Mulitgrain Pita Chip crumbs (I used Trader Joe’s Mulitigrain Sesame Seed Pita Chips)
- 1 egg beaten with 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 large zucchini sliced very thin (I used a mandolin)
- Oil (peanut, vegetable, or canola) for frying
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a blender or food processor, chop up pita chips to a fine crumb, measure 2 cups, and pour into a shallow bowl.
- Beat your egg and milk together in another shallow bowl.
- Dip each zucchini slice into the egg mixture, followed by the pita chip crumbs. Pat the crumbs onto the zucchini to help them stick, and then place them on a plate.
- Pour oil into a large pot or dutch oven so that it is about an inch up the side of the pot. Turn heat to medium high. You want your oil to be about 350 degrees. I don’t use a cooking thermometer, but just drop in a “test” zucchini. If it is golden brown in about 2-3 minutes, then you know your oil is the right temperature.
- Work in batches of about 8 zucchini at a time, depending on how large your pot is. When the zucchini is golden brown, use a metal slotted spoon to remove them from the oil and place them on a paper towel to drain. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
Keywords: pita chip fried zucchini, fried zucchini, zucchini