These Perfect Chocolate Chunk Cookies are soft and chewy with a crisp edge, and they leave a lasting impression on all who try them!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 9 ounces 60 percent cocoa bittersweet chocolate baking bar, chopped, divided
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg plus one egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, oats, and chocolate chunks (reserve 1/4 cup chocolate chunks to top cookie dough with before baking). Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugars together on medium speed until smooth. Add eggs one at a time and mix again. Add vanilla and mix.
- Turn the mixer to low speed and gradually add the flour mixture. Mix until everything is fully incorporated into a dough, but do not over-mix.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop large dough balls onto the parchment paper lined baking sheet, baking six dough balls at a time. Place a few chocolate chunks onto the top of the dough ball before baking.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-17 minutes. Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool on the baking sheet a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 424
- Sugar: 24g
- Sodium: 216mg
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated Fat: 14g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7.8g
- Trans Fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrates: 47g
- Fiber: 4.3g
- Protein: 6.3g
- Cholesterol: 62mg
Keywords: chocolate chunk cookies, chocolate chunks, cookies, snacks