- 25 Nutter Butter Cookies, finely crushed
- 7 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 cartons vanilla ice cream (1.5 quarts each)
- Fudge Topping (Recipe Below)
- 8 ounces whipped cream topping, thawed
- 35 miniature peanut butter cups roughly chopped
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a medium bowl combine crushed cookies and melted butter until well combined.
- Press the crushed cookies into the bottom of a 9 by 13 baking dish.
- Place the crust into the freezer for 1 hour to harden.
- Soften ice cream on the counter so that it is easy to spread.
- Remove cookie crust from the freezer, and spread both cartons of vanilla ice cream over the crust.
- Put it back into the freezer for an hour to refreeze the ice cream.
- In the meantime, make fudge topping according to the following recipe, and allow to cool slightly.
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer and spread fudge over the ice cream in an even layer. Return to freezer.
- Spread cool whip over fudge layer, and sprinkle with chopped peanut butter cups and return to freezer.
- When serving, allow the ice cream dessert to sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes to make cutting easier.
- In a medium saucepan combine cream, corn syrup, brown sugar, cocoa powder, salt, and half of the chocolate and bring to a gentle boil stirring continuously over medium heat until chocolate is melted.
- Reduce heat to medium low and boil the chocolate gently for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in butter and remaining chocolate until smooth.
- Allow to cool slightly before pouring over ice cream layer.
Fudge Topping from Center Cut Cook.