- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
For the Chocolate Dip
- 3 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon oil (avocado, vegetable, or canola)
- 1.75 quart carton of vanilla ice cream (I love Tillamook)
- 1 cup chopped salted roasted peanuts
For the Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter and sugars together on medium speed.
- Add egg and egg yolk, vanilla extract, and peanut butter. Mix until creamy.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, salt and baking soda. Gradually add to wet ingredients on low speed until a smooth dough forms.
- Scoop 1 inch balls onto a baking sheet (12 per batch), and press with a cookie stamp, or make a crosshatch pattern with a fork on top of the dough balls,
- Bake 9-10 minutes, or until the edges are just turning golden brown. Remove from the oven, and transfer to a cooling rack.
- When the cookies are baked and cooled, freeze the until very firm in an airtight storage container.
- When the cookies are firm, add one scoop (about 1/4 cup) of vanilla ice cream on one cookie, and top with a second cookie. Work quickly and do a few at a time, stopping to add the assembled cookie sandwiches to the freezer as needed so the ice cream stays frozen.
- Once all the sandwiches are assembled and frozen solid, prepare the chocolate for dipping.
For the Chocolate
- Stir together 3 cups of milk chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon oil in a heat safe glass bowl over a pan with a half an inch of simmering water (double boiler) until smooth. Dip half of each cookie sandwich into the melted chocolate, then roll it in the crushed peanuts. Place it on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and freeze. Once the chocolate is set, transfer them to freeze long term in an airtight container. The longer the cookies sit in the freezer, the softer the cookie will be and the easier they are to eat. I recommend making them one week ahead of time.
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie Sandwich
- Calories: 431
- Sugar: 33g
- Sodium: 235mg
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Unsaturated Fat: 10.6g
- Trans Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrates: 48g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Protein: 8.4g
- Cholesterol: 47mg