If you love peanut butter and chocolate, these cookies are going to make you so very happy!
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 70 Ritz crackers (about 2 1/2 sleeves)
- 5 cups chocolate chips ( I used half milk chocolate and half semi-sweet)
- 1 teaspoon coconut or vegetable oil
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, mix together peanut butter, butter, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Using a small cookie dough scoop (about 2 teaspoons), form a ball of the peanut butter filling and place it onto a Ritz cracker, flattening it slightly with your fingers before placing another Ritz on top to make a sandwich. Repeat with the rest of the crackers.
- To set up a double boiler for melting the chocolate, fill a small saucepan with one inch of water and bring it to a simmer. Place a heat-safe glass bowl on top of the saucepan. Add chocolate chips and oil to the glass bowl, stirring as it gradually melts.
- Using small tongs, or two forks, dip each peanut butter filled cracker sandwich in the chocolate. Tap the side of the bowl to shake off excess chocolate before placing the chocolate covered cookie onto a piece of parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Chill to set the chocolate.
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 226
- Sugar: 20g
- Sodium: 106mg
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 6.2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5.8g
- Trans Fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Protein: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 6.2mg
Keywords: peanut butter buckeye cookies, peanut butter, chocolate, ritz crackers, buckeyes, buckeye cookies