Just like the ham and cheese party buns everyone loves, but with a sloppy joe type filling. You’ll love this quick and easy recipe!
- 20 ounces ground beef
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha (optional)
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 package dinner rolls (12 count)
- 3 slices Muenster cheese, cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Worchestershire
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large pan, brown ground beef until no longer pink over high heat. Turn heat to low and drain excess oil.
- In a small bowl, mix ketchup, Sriracha, brown sugar, mustard, garlic powder, and onion powder. Add to browned ground beef and stir over low heat.
- Place the bottom half of each bun in a 12-inch cast iron skillet, or 9 by 13 inch baking dish. Remove the sloppy joe mixture from the heat, and divide between the buns. Top each one with a slice of the cheese. Place the top of each bun on the cheese.
- In a small bowl, mix together melted butter, Worcestershire, mustard, and poppy seeds. Pour the butter mixture evenly over the buns.
- Bake uncovered for about 10 minutes, and then if the buns are getting brown, place a piece of foil over the top and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
You can assemble the buns ahead of time, refrigerate, and then bake before serving.
- Serving Size: 1 party bun
- Calories: 322
- Sugar: 4.7g
- Sodium: 515mg
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated Fat: 9.7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8.1g
- Trans Fat: 0.7g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Protein: 17g
- Cholesterol: 69mg
Keywords: party bun style sloppy joes, sloppy joes, quick and easy