These Mint Chip Oreo Ice Cream Sandwiches are such a tasty frozen treat! You’ll love how fast they come together.
- 1 box chocolate fudge cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) softened butter
- 1/2 gallon Mint Chip Ice Cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together cake mix, eggs, and butter until smooth. The dough will be stiff and sticky.
- Drop by tablespoons onto a Silpat of parchment lined baking sheet. I did 9 cookie per sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes, then let them cool on the pan for 3-4 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
- To make the cookies easier to work with when you are making the ice cream sandwiches, try freezing them for about an hour so that they are firmer. I made room in my freezer for the whole cooling rack so that they could be a single layer and not stick together.
- Once they are frozen, place a scoop of ice cream on one cookie and top with another. Press them together gently so the ice cream scoop flattens. Use a spoon to scrape off excess ice cream. Freeze immediately.