This Mexican Street Corn With Panko is sweet, spicy, creamy, and crunchy all in one bite. I can’t wait for you all to try this one!
- 6 ears of corn
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup Panko style bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup crumbled cotija cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Preheat an outdoor grill or grill pan over medium heat.
- Remove husk and silk from the corn. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, sour cream, and lime juice and stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add panko, cumin, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, and kosher salt. Stir to toast evenly, about 3-4 minutes.
- When the grill is hot, cook the corn until slightly blackened and the kernels are just tender (about 5-7 minutes), turning frequently. Remove the corn from the grill.
- Brush the corn with the mayonnaise mixture, then sprinkle with cotija cheese, the toasted panko, and cilantro. Serve warm.
- Serving Size: 1 ear of corn
- Calories: 267
- Sugar: 5.2g
- Sodium: 462mg
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 4.5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8.6g
- Trans Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Protein: 6.6g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
Keywords: Mexican street corn, street corn, panko, corn on the cob