Sticky, sweet homemade teriyaki sauce over grilled chicken and rice is a simple and satisfying quick weeknight meal.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, grilled and sliced thinly
- 4 servings cooked white or brown rice
- 1 cup water, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 5 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Toasted sesame seeds and green onions for garnish
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, whisk together 3/4 cup water, ginger, garlic powder, soy sauce, honey, and brown sugar.
- Dissolve cornstarch in remaining 1/4 cup water, and whisk into other ingredients.
- Continue heating and stirring occasionally until it gently boils and thickens.
- Place sliced chicken on rice and drizzle with teriyaki sauce. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and green onions.
Teriyaki Sauce slightly adapted from food.com
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 408
- Sugar: 22g
- Sodium: 973mg
- Fat: 5.2g
- Saturated Fat: 1.4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3.1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 48g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 41g
- Cholesterol: 102mg
Keywords: homemade teriyaki chicken and rice, homemade teriyaki sauce, teriyaki chicken