- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 2–3 tablespoons avocado oil (may sub other oil), divided
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Chipotle and Roasted Garlic Seasoning (from McCormick)
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed through a garlic press
- 15 ounce can black beans
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 avocados, pits and peeling removed
- 1 lime, sliced
- Place chicken in a shallow dish and coat with 1 tablespoon oil. Sprinkle seasoning and salt and pepper evenly over the chicken, turning to coat.
- Heat another tablespoon of oil in a medium sized skillet over medium high heat. When the oil is glistening, add the chicken to the pan. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Do not move the chicken around in the pan, or it will not sear properly and could stick.
- Remove the chicken from the pan, and clean the skillet.
- Add a small amount of oil to the pan over medium heat, and saute peppers for 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and continue cooking until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Add beans and chicken broth, and stir.
- Place the seared chicken back into the pan, cover, and cook over medium low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pan, slice into thin strips, and divide into four portions. Divide the peppers and beans. Top with a lime, and add sliced avocado just before serving. Cover and refrigerate until ready to eat.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 514
- Sugar: 3.8g
- Sodium: 688mg
- Fat: 27g
- Saturated Fat: 4.2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 20.9g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 34g
- Fiber: 16g
- Protein: 38g
- Cholesterol: 77mg