You’ll love the tart raspberries tucked into a slightly sweet almond muffin, which is lightened up with the help of coconut oil and Greek yogurt!
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh raspberries, halved
- sparkling sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, and grease a standard size muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl, mix coconut oil and sugar with a wooden spoon or spatula. Add egg, and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Add Greek yogurt, whole milk, and almond extract, and mix until combined.
- In another bowl, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and stir until combined.
- Fold in raspberries gently.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop batter into each muffin well. Sprinkle about 1/2 teaspoon sparkling sugar over the top of each.
- Bake for 3 minutes at 400 (this helps the muffins rise), then turn the oven down to 350 degrees and bake for another 17 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool in the muffin tin for about 10-15 minutes, then twist to remove to a cooling rack.
- Serving Size: 1 Muffin
- Calories: 218
- Sugar: 16g
- Sodium: 105mg
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 7.8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1.2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Protein: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 17mg
Keywords: healthier raspberry almond muffins, raspberry almond muffins, muffins