- 3/4 cups vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 1/2 to 3 pounds flank steak, cut into 1/2 inch strips (with the grain)
- 2 zucchini squash, sliced
- 2 red peppers, chopped into large cubes
- Mix all marinade ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Use a sharp knife to slice the flank steak (cutting in the same direction of the grain) into long 1 inch thick strips.
- Pour the marinade over the strips of flank steak (I use a Zip-loc) and refrigerate. Allow the flank steak to marinate for 8-24 hours.
- Thread the veggies onto the skewers, and then the flank steak in an “S” type pattern. Alternate the veggies with the steak until your skewers are filled.
- Preheat the grill on high heat for 5 minutes.
- Then reduce heat to medium and place skewers on the grill. Cook about 10 minutes on each side.