This bread is ridiculously soft and moist, and is bursting with apple flavor. No mixer required!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup applesauce (homemade or chunky style is best)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar (add more if needed to thicken)
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease loaf pan. I used a 9.25 by 5.25 by 2.75 inch metal nonstick loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, mix by hand flour, oats, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix sugar, oil, eggs, yogurt, applesauce, and vanilla, then stir into dry ingredients by hand until just combined.
- Scoop the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 45-48 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and whisk together the powdered sugar and applesauce for the glaze.
- When the bread has cooled for just a bit, pour the glaze over the top. It will settle into the cracks and keep the bread moist. The glaze will set, but will remain slightly sticky.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 359
- Sugar: 30g
- Sodium: 142mg
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 1.4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 13g
- Trans Fat: 0.3g
- Carbohydrates: 52g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Protein: 5g
- Cholesterol: 32mg
Keywords: glazed apple cinnamon oatmeal bread, apple bread, applesauce glaze, bread