Garlic Chicken Pizza – My perfect pizza crust recipe with a white garlic cream sauce, grilled chicken, and mozzarella cheese.
- pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed through a garlic press
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast, grilled and sliced thinly
- 16 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated (about four cups)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven 450 degrees.
- Sprinkle cornmeal evenly onto a silpat lined 13 by 18 inch baking sheet.
- Spread pizza dough to the edges of the pan. If the pizza dough seems to tear as you spread it, just let it sit for 5 minutes, and it will become more elastic and stretch easily.
- Cover the dough with a kitchen cloth and allow to rise while you make the sauce.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add garlic and saute until soft (30 seconds), but do not burn.
- Sprinkle flour over butter and garlic and whisk together for one minute.
- Slowly whisk in the milk and let the sauce simmer over medium low heat for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in parmesan cheese and then add the grilled chicken to the sauce and remove from heat.
- Spread the garlic sauce and the chicken evenly over the dough, top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until cheese is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to set for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley.
Source: Pizza dough recipe from 71 Toes.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 978
- Sugar: 7.1g
- Sodium: 1363mg
- Fat: 48g
- Saturated Fat: 23g
- Unsaturated Fat: 19.5g
- Trans Fat: 0.4g
- Carbohydrates: 75g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Protein: 59g
- Cholesterol: 176mg